Devel/Changelog release policy
This document explains how to modify the CHANGES file on a release.
The versioning in CLAM and applications is fully controlled by the CHANGES files. This file is used to generate version info in credits, and packaging names.
In between releases
- CHANGE files for CLAM should look like that
00-00-2007 CLAM 1.0 SVN $Revision: 09999 $ 'The release i want to release' * Change 1 * Change 2 00-00-2006 CLAM 0.99.99 'The past released release' * Revision 08888 * Change 3
- And for applications:
00-00-2007 NetworkEditor 0.4.6 SVN $Revision: 09999 $ 'The release i want to release' * Using CLAM 1.0 * Change 1 * Change 2 00-00-2006 NetworkEditor 0.99.99 'The past released release' * Revision 08888 * Using CLAM 0.99.99 * Change 3
- This way the long version will be 1.0~svn09999
- The svn number is the revision of the last CHANGE not the overall repository revision, so modify the CHANGES files to get it updated.
About to release
- Remove the SVN addition to the release id
- Put a '$REVISION$' to as a change entry
00-00-2007 CLAM 1.0 'The release i want to release' * $Revision$ * Change 1 * Change 2
- After commit and update it will look like this
00-00-2007 CLAM 1.0 'The release i want to release' * $Revision: 10000 $ * Change 1 * Change 2
- This will generate a short and log version '1.0'
- Generate all the packaging
- If you do changes while packaging do also a commit on CHANGES to update the revision
- Remove the $ signs around the Revision so the revision gets freeze
- Add the new version ending with the 'SVN $Revision$'
??-??-2007 CLAM 1.1 SVN $Revision$ 'The target release after this release' 00-00-2007 CLAM 1.0 'The release i want to release' * Revision: 10000 * Change 1 * Change 2