1.0 CLAM release (2007-03-20)
- Main goals: installers for the three platforms (lin, mac, win); get clam applications and libs included in major linux distributions (ubuntu and debian, at least. Maybe fedora core); provide usage videos and announce the release widely. At least two quick and minor release will happen before 1.0 to get more users feedback.
- Bug hunting session.
- Add mp3 & ogg support to mac
- Edit univers lliure video
- Maybe do new screencasts
- Mac osx installers (dmg) for all clam applications. intel+powerpc
- Update Fedora Core packages (insist on existing planet-ccrma spec file)
- Inclusion to debian (insist piem) and ubuntu (contact motu people) repositories
1.x CLAM series (Current Development)
- Release Dates:
- CLAM Version 1.0.0 - 2007-03-20
- CLAM Version 1.1.0 - 2007-06-11
- CLAM Version 1.2.0 - 2008-02-07
- CLAM Version 1.3.0 - 2008-08-12
- CLAM Version 1.4.0 - 2010-03-05
- Main goals:
- code clean-up
- improve clam extensibility mechanisms
- add (many) useful examples for a wider user base.
- Tasks: (Some of these may have been completed, some may not)
- Incorporate the work of Andreas (pfc student) on clam plugins.
- Remove unneeded modules (vmfltk, move vmqt to smstools, etc.)
- Reorganize directories to better match built libraries
- Simplify the build system (scons)
- Make adding new processings as easy as few clicks
- Write tutorials on how to extend clam
- Make processing, widgets, and audio backends libraries act as plugins, not dependencies.
- Develop a suite of alsa and vst plugins with user-interface (maybe audio-unit also)
- Do some videos (screencast) of plugins usage and announce widely
2.0 CLAM release (Future development)
- There are lots and lots of feature ideas floating around for CLAM 2.0. Feel free to add yours here.
- A long-term roadmap will be defined during 1.x development.
- Feedback here is highly appreciated.